Friday, April 17, 2009





« First Dog/Notes from the studio- “A Portuguese what…?”First Dog/Notes from the studio- “Workin’ like a dog!”

Tim Bowers' secret, super high-tech drying system

Because of the sprint to publication, these paintings were done at super-human speed. Instead of cutting corners on quality, I went into my 24 hours a day, seven days a week schedule (taking food and sometimes sleep breaks). My family is not too excited about the schedule but we make it work. The artwork was created with oil paints on canvas, which typically dry very slowly. I add a drying medium but still, it takes time. To speed up the drying process, I created a secret (until now), super, high-tech drying system to help finish the job. (It’s amazing what you can do with a hair dryer and some masking tape) -T.B.

No comments: